Saturday 18 December 2010

Famous Music Video Editors

Famous Music Video Editors

In order to gain an insight into the world of editing music videos, I have decided to research a few well known editors and try to incorporate some of the elements of editing that they have used in their music videos into my own.

Dustin Robertson

Dustin Robertson is a world renowned music video editor who has worked with the biggest names in the music video industry ranging from Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Lady Gaga to Justin Beiber, Usher and Elton John. Most of Dustin's work is based around the 'Dance' music video category which is what the majority of our music video is based around and research into several of his videos has allowed me to see what steps I could take in order to reach the level of editing that Dustin is currently at, many of the videos he has edited show a large amount of cuts per second which is something I am hoping to incorporate into our own music video as the pace of the actual song is quite fast.

Here is one piece of Dustin's work:

Pink-Lady Marmalade

Rich Newey


Rich Newey is another well known music video editor and is the person responsible for the editing of Sean Paul's music video, 'Watch Dem Roll' which is a video that I am hoping to use as inspiration due to the fact it combines black and white with various coloured areas. This 'Sin City' effect is one that has been agreed by myself and the rest of my team as being the main visual effect to be used in our music video.

Having researched these well known music video editors, my knowledge of editing has largely increased and proven to me that editing is one of the most difficult areas of creating a music video. I will now use my new found knowledge and ensure that the editing of my music video is up to a high standard.

Here is Sean Paul-Watch Dem Roll (Directed by Rich Newey):

No comments:

Post a Comment