Wednesday 9 February 2011

CD Cover- Front & Back

In order to choose the most effective CD cover for our artist, I have created my own CD cover and the rest of my team have done the same. In our next team meeting we will choose which cover is most suitable and use it as the primary CD cover.








Here is the front cover of my CD which I have created. As you can see I have gone with the whole Jamaican theme as it signifies the origin of the genre but also allows my tarket market to relate to the album, the picture of Simone which I have used is also very effective as it creates a dominant and independent look to the artist which has come from her pose but is also very seductive and attractive through the use of revealing body areas. I have ensured the title 'No Time Fi Dem' is highlighted in white so that it stands out from the name of the artist and attracts people who liked the single and interested in hearing more from the artist, the crown on the princess also further emphasises the artists status and can also act as a trademark logo which is one of the reasons me and my team have decided to use it for all our cd covers. I have also created a promotional box to highlight the fact that there are exclusives included within the package which acts as a unique selling point that can attract consumers into purchasing the CD, the Jamaican flag behind the text also once again promotes the genre of the CD.
Here is the back cover of my CD, I have made sure to stick with the Jamaican theme but this time I have edited the photograph to make it black and white and this was done to ensure the areas in colour such as the tracklisting were highlighted and stood out, I chose this photograph because it has the artist within the view of the camera which represents the fact that all eyes are focused on her and she is the woman of the moment, the artist that everyone is focused on. This highlights her importance within the scene and boosts her status. I have also provided links to the artists Twitter in order to enable listeners to find out more about the artist and be able to follower her on a more personal level which will increase her fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment